You can earn more money by being an independent contractor and working with Uber, the world’s highly competitive and popular, better-than-taxi transport service. Any driver, however, must meet certain standards in order to be eligible for Uber. If you wish to become an Uber driver, you must fulfill the existing requirements, which are detailed below.
You can join Uber with a vehicle you already own or you can get a new one, although that signifies a big upfront investment. Should you be worried about buying a car, don’t worry. You can have access to numerous ways to finance your purchase.
Many believe that Uber driver requirements are harsh and it’s impossible to be accepted when you have a poor credit rating. However, there are finance options available from providers of uber car loans bad credit and so you can rest assured that you have your chance at this new business.
Driver and Car Requirements
What are required of drivers?
- First of all, you need a commercial driver’s license and 3 years of driving experience. You must be 21 or older to qualify for the job.
- You must have a valid car insurance policy in your own name.
- The car must be registered in your state or country, where you want to be an Uber driver.
- Social security numbers and background checks are extremely important, so make sure you’ll be able to provide these.
- A clean driving record is necessary.
- Have a background checked performed – you must pass this to be eligible.
Requirements for the vehicle are:
- It needs to pass the Uber-specific vehicle inspection.
- Must not be marked, a taxi or a salvaged car.
- Your vehicle must be from 2001 or newer.
- Must be able to seat at least 4 passengers.
- The car needs to be registered, but not necessarily in your name.
There can also be city-specific requirements for drivers and cars. When you are ready to apply, you can go to the online application form for Uber. You will have to take your car to an Uber inspection station (or a third party) for an accurate assessment. At the same time, a background check will be run and you should have the results soon. When everything is clear, you can start driving.
Things to be aware of:
If you are not deemed as suitable, it doesn’t mean it’s all lost. It could be any of the following:
- you are not old or experienced enough
- your car isn’t exactly as per the requirements
- your driving record contains offenses that are not older than 7 years
Many of the above issues can be cleared with time – simply, waits it out! As for the car, you may be able to upgrade it to make it suitable, or sell your old one for a new and compliant vehicle. Used cars that are no older than 2001 are still accepted and you can have these improved for a good deal.
Uber is in search of partners like you. Besides, it allows you to have a flexible schedule – simply drive when and as much as you like. In case you are planning to register with Uber Black, know that this is a luxury service and had a different set of requirements, starting with owning a luxury vehicle.